Sunday, September 2, 2012

Technology, What Would I Do Without It?

         Technology, What Would I Do Without It? 
      All around the world people are influenced by television, movies, the internet, etc. to make certain decisions, just because the media says that it will make your life better. You think that it will make your life better. You think to yourself, "Wy do I make these choices and do they reallymake my life better or could I have made a better choice?" The thing is that you really have better choices to make for yourslef; anytime you make a choice, there is always a better choice.
        Imagine a world without these things. I would be spending my time doing so many other things that I wouldn't normally do. I am typically an outdoorsy kind of gil so I would do many more things outside. I would go hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, and be more active. I would do more reading, scrapbooking, and take up other hobbies in my spare time. I would also continue my passion violin playing and dancing, since I do not necessarily need media and technology for those activities.
        I would have grown up differently without these technological things but not that differently. When I was young, I watched only a few little kid shows and movies; I didn't watch a lot of television though. As I got older, I learned to depend on internet more and more, so that would be harder for me to cope with not having internet.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on "if you make a choice there's a better choice". I also like that you said you would be outside doing more if there wasn't internet etc because i would be doing the same thing.I also feel i would have grown up diffrently. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari - It is so cool that you are an avid dancer and violin player! It shows that you can certainly partake and excel in things that don't involve technology in a world in which technology runs rampant. Great post! - Ms. Pederson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Ari. i think the world runs on technology and is influenced by technology but we would never be where we are today without it. for instance concerts would only be small venues because we wouldn't be able to amplify the sound so its basic stuff like that that helps us a lot. i don't know where that was going.

    ReplyDelete