Thursday, September 20, 2012
Big Ideas of Media
Media is a very big part of my life. Recently, I have learned that there is more to media than just watching it or starring in it; there is this whole other industry that many people don't regularly think about. Television uses Photoshop to make models look even more beautiful on the outside. Advertisements on television or on paper often times use certain colors to stimulate your feelings into feeling happy. Advertisements use certain things or people in advertisements to touch people "soft spots" in their hearts, to make them want to feel sorry for the things/ people in the ads, therefore making them want to buy more products. I was very intrigued by the fact that they use color to stimulate people's feeling, I hadn't know that they did that before. It is very interesting to think that our actions could be made off of just a color that our eyes see that makes us "happy". Also, certain advertisements are geared at certain groups of people. I know that I connect more with the advertisements that have catchy musical jingles in them because I'm a musician. I also connect more with the advertisements that have little kids or babies in them, because I love kids and instantly am drawn to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you. It is so hard to find a commercial that gives you a straight forward message without any putting in some weird stuff to make you think that they are the best in that business or something.
ReplyDelete