Advertisements
We see advertisements every day,every where we look . Street signs,signs on cars, billboards; everywhere. We see advertisements advertising food, clothes, household products, skin/hair products, and the list could go on and on. Usually these ads make the item look better for you than it actually is. Sometimes these advertisements are not something you see, but hear as well. On the radio, there is an advertisement about 20 minutes out of every our. On television shows, there is an advertisement break about every 7 minutes.These ads affect my life in every possible way. In my mind, advertisements just make me want more materialistic things that I don't. Especially, if the product says "New" on it. But you don't have to feed into what the advertisements are telling you; you don't have to buy them. It all depends on your priorities. If you have the time, money, energy, and think its the right decision for you.
I agree with you saying that advertisements affect you in every possible way, that's a very true statement about our society right now. I liked how you added the statistics about how often commercials are on. Do you think it's easy for someone to follow their priorities and not feed into advertisements or is it just kind of how our minds are now?
ReplyDeleteThank you :) I do think it is possible that someone could follow their priorities without media, but I would be harder, at least for me. I think its probably just how our minds work now, on auto pilot.
ReplyDelete